Take part in the picture gallery of LLIFLE
Welcome to LLIFLE's photo community. Our mission is to continuously develop and expand the LLIFLE's Encyclopedias, collaboratively through photo sharing and expert contribution. The gallery now contains thousands of pictures, however it is possible to do even more. We are, of course, seeking photos of species not yet shown in the gallery but not only that, we are also looking for better pictures than those already present.
Would you like to post your pictures on this website? It's possible! Get started and show us your best! You can reach us through the feedback link at the bottom of every page.
You just have to send your photos to us, specifying the following information:
- Indicate the name of the plant (genus and species). The species should be identified correctly. Please exclude any photographs of species identified ambiguously and uncertainly.
- Often only the whole body of the plant or the flower is photographed, then it would be interesting to also have a more detailed views in order to see its shape, leaves, fruits, seeds, spination, etc. Some plants are very different in their juvenile and adult stages and it is interesting to have multiple photos.
- Indicate a title or short description of the picture (Optional).
- Furnish a detailed description of the specimen depicted in the photo.(Optional)
- Indicate the origin of the photos (Optional). For photos taken in habitat Please indicate the locality (and eventually the collection number). For photos taken in gardens, parks, etc. indicate exactly where the photos come from. For photos from private collections, eventually, indicate the name of the owner. For photos taken in fairs, shows or exhibition please indicate the name and date of the event.
- Also indicate any other valuable element regarding the subject in the picture.
- Send us your photos in JPEG format with a maximum compression of 20% and a minimum size of 780 X 520 pixels. Or just send us your photos as you have them, we'll take care to adapt them to the correct format.
- The photo must meet certain criteria:
- It must be clear, at least for the greater part of the subject.
- The subject should be the major element of the picture.
- The background should be as uniform as possible, neutral and should not attract too much attention.
Attribution (photo credit)
Attribution should be given to all picture posted in the site, please indicate your Name, town and country (for photo credit). Or, if available, your LLIFLE member ID.
We'd like to say a special thank you for supporting our efforts and for the confidence that you have placed in us, we fully recognize that your support and the continued trust that you place in us is the foundation of our success. Together, we are realizing the LLIFLE's Encyclopedias of living forms!
Thanks again for your generous support. From all of us at LLIFLE, we wish you all of our best. Thank you in advance!